Marquette Trail 50 Ultramarathon

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Marquette Trail 50 Ultramarathon The Marquette Trail 50 consists of a 50-kilometer and 50-mile event.  To add another challenge in 2015, a 100K event will start in the middle of the night.  The 100K has a special application process, as racers will need to prove their skills and talents. The course is mostly single-track, climbing the 4 peaks: Sugarloaf, Top-of-the-World, Bareback, and …

Marquette County Fair

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Marquette County Fair Details Celebrate with us August 13,14,15,16, 2015 at the Marquette County Fair and delight in our world class entertainment, hand-made crafts, delectable foods, educational displays and magical surprises found around every corner. Besides the displays, there is a fantastic midway, featuring rides provided by Spectrum Entertainment, as well as great food vendors all through the fairgrounds.  Directions: …

Buzz the Gut

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

14th Annual Buzz the Gut Car Show Ishpeming’s 14th annual “Buzz the Gut” classic car show and parade will be held August 8th, 2015. Show and shine at Cliffs Shaft parking lot from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. The Cruise starts at 7:00p.m. through downtown Ishpeming to Negaunee and back to the Ishpeming Elks club for viewing. A dance with sock …

Ore to Shore

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Ore to Shore The Ore to Shore is a point-to-point race, with riders gearing up at the start line in Negaunee all the way into Marquette to the Lake Superior shoreline. Registration and packet pickup will be at the Lakeview Arena in Marquette, on Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. On race day, packet pickup for the Soft Rock will …

Classic Iron Car Show

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Classic Iron Car Show The fourth annual Classic Iron Car Show will be held in Marquette, Michigan from 4-7 pm on August 6.  Visit the Public Service Garage to see all your favorite old time classic cars.  After the showing, the cars will strut their stuff through downtown Marquette. Showing 4 – 7pm – Cruise 7pm 919 West Baraga Avenue, Marquette Public …

Ishpeming Renaissance Festival

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Ishpeming Renaissance Festival This is the Sixteenth Annual Ishpeming Renaissance Festival. A one day event to be held this year on August 1, 2015, from 10 am to 7 pm. Last year’s event included up to 75 art and craft booths, 8 theme related merchants, 6 food vendors. Along with a children’s activity area (Kids Castle) and a broad variety of …

U.S National Guts Frisbee Tournament

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

U.S National Guts Frisbee Tournament The U.S National Guts Frisbee Tournament features 16, 6-7 man teams from all over the Midwest competing from 10:00am-7:00pm Saturday and Sunday to determine the Guts Frisbee National Champions. The tournament will take place at Tourist Park Campground in Marquette.  Stop by and watch these athletes compete to be called national champions.

Marquette Blueberry Festival

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Marquette Blueberry Festival The 14th annual Blueberry Festival, is set for Friday, July 31, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Downtown Marquette. Washington and Front streets will be bustling with sidewalk sales, food vendors, artists, demonstrations, pony rides, inflatable arcade games, and activities for children and families. Downtown restaurants will satisfy your cravings for blueberry fare, from blueberry pizza …

Art on the Rocks

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Art on the Rocks Art on the Rocks™ has grown to one of the finest art shows in the country, attracting over 175 artists and 10,000 people each year. To maintain the tradition of excellence, 30% of the show is made up of artists invited based on a scoring system used by our previous show judges and the other 70% …

Thrifter Sisters Flea Market

Upper-Michigan.com 0 Comments

Thrifter Sisters Flea Market The Thrifter Sisters Flea Market is coming to the beautiful Upper Peninsula! They will be at the Belsolda Farm in Marquette MI on July 10th- 11th, 2015. They are a upscale boutique style Flea Market specializing in Vintage, Retro, Shabby Chic, Antiques, Mid Century Modern, Farm Style, Cottage and Re-Purposed items! Don’t forget to check out their Wedding Corner …